Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Challenge to Laugh


If I had to choose just one friend
It would be the one who laughs with me
For laughter can open up one's soul
And after all, what else do we have

Our inner thoughts are ours alone
But I will now share mine with you
You are the friend I favor and trust
With all that life has dealt me

Dear friend, you love me unconditionally
Knowing all my dreams, joys and pain
Crying with me....when I need to
Lending me your shoulder, strong and steady

Friends like you are rare and precious
But you have met the challenge
You have encouraged me to be myself
You have allowed my spirit to be set free

You have shown me how to laugh again
And you have laughed with me.....
You have truly become my best friend
I can only pray you find me as faithful

10 comments:

  1. Very nice, Clarene. True to life, too. Hope I am one of your good friends! Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carl for reading my words. You are truly a good friend.

    ReplyDelete