Friday, August 21, 2009

A few of my favorite things

Snow falling softly on my tongue
Orange leaves on a tree
Sunsets kissing the horizon
and you kissing me

Early morning haze
before the sun wakes up
birds coming alive
hot coffee in my cup

Feeling the wind on my face
footsteps coming down a hall
loving and being loved in return
grandchildren smiling on my wall

Bacon sizzling in a pan
cantaloupe sliced on a plate
diced tomatoes and two eggs over easy
all served up quite late

Watching a tug go down river
watching sea birds walk on sand
watching children playing in a pool
and swimming every chance that I can

Standing as Old Glory passes by
watching her folds unfurl
blessed to be living in the USA
and thankful that I am a girl

Writing and focusing my camera just right
making my world come alive
sharing my heart with the ones that I love
and finishing all my work by five

Being able to pray when and where I choose
and not being afraid to do so
having my 39th birthday... 24 times
and quietly going along with the flow

Tracing lines along the map on the wall
going to places near and far
listening to my Grandpa Gookie's tall tales
and eating cookies from Grandma Den's cookie jar

Taking each day as it comes along
and daily learning something new
remembering always the good old days
and the time I spent with you

1 comment:

  1. Yo momma must have been a good parent. She put some good ole fashioned values in you! One does not gather such insight accidentally.

    ReplyDelete