Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Waiting for that sweet someday



Tonight as I was walking away
I heard footsteps close behind
I dared not turn to look at you
for fear of who you might not be

Earlier this evening I waited for you
but you've all but hidden your face
now am I wrong...or are you afraid
to do what your heart tells you to do

Your life might be in for a drastic change
and happiness could sneak up on you
but if this is what you are worried about
then begone, I'll not get in your way

For I'll remain as I've always been
waiting for that sweet someday
should you ever return, I'll still be here
waiting for you to come take me away

But remember that deep inside your heart
I'll always be that unforgettable part
that once took your breath away
and maybe...just maybe if I wait long enough...

3 comments:

  1. Lonely stretch of beach, lonely girl! A penny for your thoughts at that time, Clarene.

    Great words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I know who took that picture of you sitting on the beach.... Maybe someone that we both hold near and dear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the memories if only they could keep us warm.
    I wish I was on that beach, its looks great. Makes you think. Love Edie
    PS You looked like your Mom in that picture.

    ReplyDelete