Sunday, August 16, 2009

Somewhere in Time





I met you once somewhere in time
Oh, was it so long ago
Or did I pass you on the street
My memory fails me so

The one thing clearer than all the rest
That stands out so vividly in my mind
Is the simple fact that I now confess
I've met you somewhere in time

Your silence is speaking volumes to me
And your meaning is not very clear
It's sending me mixed signals somehow
And your thoughts are all that I hear

Were we once friends or lovers perhaps
Who shared a life for a while
Or do I have you all mixed up
With the man who taught me to smile

A complex thing; this human mind
That often gets confused in the rhyme
But this one thing I know for sure
I did meet you somewhere in time


* the above photo was taken by me using my cellphone camera this past Saturday, August 15 in Lawrenceburg, TN. and the reason I took it like this is because I have read somewhere that the Amish do not like to have their photo taken.

1 comment:

  1. The Amish are a world apart, but are revered in God's eyes. Great photo, Clarene. Love your writing.

    ReplyDelete